Sunday, November 17, 2013

Collaboration Canvas

At first selecting a canvas to remix was difficult, because there are so many options and math could go hand and hand with many other content areas. I decided to choose a physics unit plan on Newton’s Laws because students need to have a basic understanding of algebraic expressions and functions in order to apply these laws. I added many things to this unit plan. The first thing I included was the different ways of expressing functions. I then added the mathematical representations of Newton’s Laws, for example for each law I included the expression and graphical representation of each law underneath. I then added two videos that were both about Newton’s Laws and the math in his laws, for example one of the videos included sports scenarios with some examples that expressed his laws and were solved through plugging in these values into the variables. I did not want to remove anything from the original canvas, because everything was also related to math. Math and physics collaborate very well together in general, so both canvas fit very well together. I believe that these lessons go very well together and support each other perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment